|Product SKU||IBARG8 BK|
|Availability||Out Of Stock|
- An 8-string you'll want to rock with!
- Comfortable, resonant mahogany body
- 5-piece maple/walnut Wizard II-8 neck (27" scale)
- Jatoba fingerboard with 24 jumbo frets and pearl dot inlays
- String-through-body fixed bridge
- Dual humbuckers include an IBZ-8N (neck) and an IBZ-8B (bridge)
8-strings: It's All About Options
With the Ibanez RG8 solidbody 8-string electric guitar, you get options. Put up a wall of sound with huge, thick chords; launch runs that start really low; play bass lines; discover new chord voicings - the possibilities are endless. With its maple/walnut 5-piece neck, string-through-body fixed bridge, and IBZ-8 humbuckers, this axe is built for hard-core front-line duty. The RG8 doesn't feel like a 6-string with extra strings - it's an amazingly playable instrument unto itself. Considering a 8-string? Check out the Ibanez RG8.
Ibanez RG8 8-string Solidbody Electric Guitar at a Glance:
- Ibanez wrote the book on production 8-string guitars
- IBZ-8 humbuckers deliver articulation, sustain, and tonal versatility
- A universe of tuning options lets you forge your signature sound
Ibanez wrote the book on production 8-string guitars
8-string guitars are a breed apart, and they can bring an otherworldly intensity to your music. To prove the point, check out Animals As Leaders to hear dueling Ibanez 8-strings as majestically wielded by Tosin Abasi and Javier Reyes. Why Ibanez? Well, the company pretty much wrote the book on production 7- and 8-string electric guitars. The Ibanez RG8 sports an ideal 27" scale that keeps your low strings sounding nice and tight, even with dropped tunings. Ibanez's 8-string design and construction techniques (a 5-piece neck and a string-through-body fixed bridge) contribute to the RG8's unique, authoritative, eminently musical voice.
IBZ-8 humbuckers deliver articulation, sustain, and tonal versatility
The Ibanez RG8 is fitted with two IBZ-8 humbucking pickups. Regardless of the tuning you're employing, you get clear articulation, long sustain, and awesome tonal versatility. Designed specifically for 8-string guitars, the IBZ-8 gives you the clearest, fattest low end you've ever felt from a guitar pickup, along with sparkling highs. It's this kind of tonal versatility that makes the Ibanez RG8 ideal for metal, fusion, and most any flavor of rock.
A universe of tuning options lets you forge your signature sound
There are quite a few ways to tune an 8-string guitar. The Ibanez RG8 comes to you with a factory drop tuning of 1D#, 2A#, 3F#, 4C#, 5G#, 6D#, 7A#, and 8F. Where you go from there is your business. Tune in major thirds. Bracket your standard 6-string guitar tuning with a low B and a high G or A. The possibilities are enticing, aren't they? Ibanez RG8 is an affordable opportunity to forge your signature sound. Go for it.
• NECK TYPE : WIZARD II-85PC MAPLE/WALNUT NECK
• TOP/BACK/BODY : MERANTI BODY
• FRETBOARD : JATOBAWHITE DOT INLAY
• FRET : JUMBO FRETS
• BRIDG : FIXED BRIDGE
• STRING SPACE : 10.5MM
• NECK PICKUP : IBZ-8 (H) NECK PICKUPPASSIVE/CERAMIC
• BRIDGE PICKUP : IBZ-8 (H) BRIDGE PICKUPPASSIVE/CERAMIC
• FACTORY TUNING : 1D#, 2A#, 3F#, 4C#, 5G#, 6D#, 7A#, 8F
• STRING GAUGE : 009/.011/.016/.024/.032/.042/.054/.065
• HARDWARE COLOR : BLACK
1x IBANEZ RG 8 STRING ELECTRIC GUITAR